Thursday, July 3, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Who Are You?

I started this blog in hopes to learn more about how to appropriately do genealogy.  Because I have inherited a lot of stuff about my ancestors including stories and pictures, I find that many things I have are unknown still.  I have found this woman, whom I have no idea who she is.  She's a relative, but I don't know her name or how I am related to her.  My mother doesn't even have a clue.  All that we know is she is related from the Lyons/Guffey family.  I obtained these pictures from my mother, who in turn received these pictures from a cousin, who received these pictures from an elderly woman that knew our ancestors.  This woman had a multitude of pictures of aunts, uncles, grandparents... How she obtained them, I will never know.  She was a close family friend and she let my cousin scan these and have some of these pictures.  I honestly do not know if that woman is still alive today for me to ask who these people are in the pictures.

This most intriguing thing is that she looks just like my Great-Aunt Barbara.  It's so crazy to me that this mystery woman and my Great-Aunt have never met, but yet they look identical.  I cannot post a picture of my Great-Aunt due to my promise, but I want to share these pictures with you.  It is my goal to figure out who this beautiful, mysterious woman is.




No comments:

Post a Comment